What is Douching and Should I Do it?
THE SHORT & SWEET OF IT
Douche and enema are often used interchangeably but from a medical stance douche refers to flushing out & "cleaning" the vagina and an enema is used to flush the rectum. Douching or using and enema are not necessary for safe or pleasurable sex play, but it can ease your worries a bit.
If you have one, do not douche your vagina- it is self cleaning, we promise. Douching -even with just water- makes your vagina more susceptible to infection. just don't.
FOR ASSHOLES, BUTTS, BUMS, BOOTIES, AND RECTUMSFor anal play using an enema to flush our your anal cavity could make you feel more comfortable before play, so you *can* do it. But it's not required & honestly, your body doesn't store feces in your rectum, so you are unlikely to have to deal with a lot of poo- douche or no douche. Honestly tho, if you're so nervous to deal with poo that your clench your butt at the thought of it, go ahead and rinse a bit! You need to be more at ease before trying anal play anyways...
HOW TO DOUCHE
1. Fill up the bulb with room temperature water
2. Lube up your booty hole
3. Massage your hole
5. Insert the tip into your butt and squeeze liquid into it
6. Pull the tip out and release the squeeze (don't release the squeeze until pulling out, otherwise you'll pull everything into the clean water bulb)
7. Release the water
Repeat until the water runs clear.
- Don't douche too much or you might do the exact opposite and stimulate a bowel movement.
- Make sure the bulb you are using is silicone so that you can sanitize it & no poo particles get trapped in the material's pores
- try it on your own first, and better yet- try it standing in the shower so that it's easier to clean anything that comes out
So what do you think- to douche (enema) or not to douche? Which will it be for you? Stop by and ask our team if you have more sex ed anal play questions!
We carry the B-Vibe Slimline Classic Enema here at Lotus Blooms