What is sex positivity?
Sex Positivity, if we had to define it, is the revolutionary concept that sexual behavior and pleasure is fundamentally healthy and good! Sex Positivity is about breaking the shame surrounding sex and sexuality and uplifting what is ultimately a natural human act. Sex impacts our lives in a diversity of ways, and this variety is represented not only throughout our lives as we grow, but also through the diversity of people in our society.
Bottom line, sex positivity means many things to many people, and that’s why we want to hear from you!
We are looking for submissions from all perspectives, detailing the concept of sex positivity as it has impacted life experiences. These submissions can be in the form of written blogs, recorded vlogs, photographs with a caption, infographics, etc.— however creative your brain can be!
Interested in sharing with us?
Consider: What is sex positivity through your personal lens? As you reflect on the importance of sex positivity in your life, think about the following:
- What does sex positive mean to you?
- Does it affect your career? Worldview? Access to education and resources? Body image or self-confidence? Your belief system or way of thinking?
- What would your (and others’) life look like if sex positivity was more abundant?
- Does sex positivity conflict with any aspects of your life? How have you been able to work through this?
- Did a lack of sex positivity ever impact you? Was there a particular experience that solidified its importance to you?
Participants will receive full credit and a link back to their website. To be considered for publication, please use the following checklist to include in your email:
- Send your post to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject Line: Sex Positive Collaborative
- Bio (no more than 100 words)
- Link(s) to your blog or published work, organization
- Specify exactly which URL that you would like to be publicly linked back to
- A photograph of yourself
- Your social media pages/handles, etc.
Pieces will be posted on our blog
as part of our campaign to spread the conversation of sex positivity.