Hello lovely Lotus Blooms customers!
As a socially responsible small business, we want to make sure you can be confident that we are doing all we can to fulfill our commitments to our staff and to our community during the COVID-19 crisis. We are committed to keeping our doors open as long as it remains safe and responsible to do so. As a small business with staff that depend on us for income, we are very conscious of the responsibility we have to our staff and we are going to keep our doors open so that we can continue to generate income and get everyone’s bills paid. We also recognize that we have a commitment to our community to be safe and careful, and not to contribute to the spread of this virus. We are diligently monitoring all aspects of this in order to balance our commitments to both our staff and to you, our community. We will continue to make updates as necessary.
Join us in being *just a little* inconvenienced for the greater good. Thanks for all your patience, understanding, and patronizing!
FAQ During the COVID Pandemic:
- Are you still open? Yep we are! Regular hours. But, we are not open to the public in order to ensure staff safety. Staff is in store to fulfill orders to ship out or to pass out curbside pickup. They are answering phone calls and assisting with virtual shopping via skype and zoom.
Is curbside pickup allowed during a stay-at-home order? Yes. According to the details of the VA Governor's latest Executive Order 55, exceptions to the the stay-at-home order include: "Obtaining food, beverages, goods or services from establishments permitted to be open"
While Lotus Blooms is not an essential business, in VA nonessential businesses are allowed to continue business as long as they obey the guidelines. We are surpassing guidelines by not allowing customers in store.
- Are you still shipping? Yep we are still shipping!! We are working hard to get all online orders out same day if possible.
I didn't get to try on my lingerie and it doesn't fit, can I return it?
No. We're sorry but due to safety and health concerns we absolutely cannot accept returns ever, but *especially* at this time. We want you to feel confident knowing you are the only person to take your piece home. We know shopping online for lingerie is harder than trying things on, but staff is in store to help talk you through and answer questions about fit etc. CALL US!
What does virtual shopping with a sex educator mean?
It means we replicate our typical educational experience, from the comfort of your safe home. We both jump on skype or zoom and our educated staff show you products, make comparisons an suggestions, talk you through the options, and answer all questions you might have.
Following are the measures we are taking to help create a clean and safe environment for customers:
For Our Staff
- We're working hard to promote healthy practices for staff. We are asking them to avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth, and we are setting reminders for staff to wash their hands regularly, specifically:
- After blowing one’s nose, coughing, or sneezing
- After using the restroom
- Before eating or preparing food
- After contact with animals or pets
Before and after providing routine care for another person who needs assistance
We are encouraging staff not to come in if they are feeling sick. In the same vein we recognize the hardship that hourly workers face and are committed to mitigating the financial burden that the outbreak and closures have on them, even if they are sick and have to stay home.
In the store: We are not allowing customers in the store at this time. In order to keep our staff safe,
- We will be postponing our in-store events for the foreseeable future. This includes all events that had been posted on our site thru April. We are happy to hold your tickets as a credit for future events or offer a full refund. We will be reaching out to those who have purchased tickets. Please contact email@example.com with questions.
For Our Staying-Home Customers: This means ALL OF YOU
- We offering free shipping on online orders. We totally understand that venturing out isn’t safe or feasible for many of our customers, so in an effort to provide additional options, and to give folx ample opportunities and reasons to continue to support small businesses, we've decided to provide free shipping! No code necessary!
- We are also offering free curb-side pickup of purchases made online. Simply select “FREE- In Store Pickup” at checkout and we’ll have your order waiting for you to run in, grab-and-go!
We appreciate your patience with us while we roll out this pick up service to serve the needs of our customers. If for some reason we are unable to fulfill your pick-up order, we will contact you immediately to offer a refund or comparable alternatives. Please answer your phone or emails (ehm, don’t give us your spam email that you never check!) Pick-up will be available during our normal store hours only.
We are available to talk you through any questions you have through online platforms and over the phone and we are more than happy to do so! DM us on Instagram with toy questions. Need lube advice? Shoot us a Facebook message. Let us email you answers to your questions. Or we can chat with you via Google for Business messages. We are also available via Skype and Zoom to provide our interactive services virtually! WE’VE GOT YOU! We are still educators and want to provide the best experience possible, just reach out!
- We are working really hard to create virtual workshops and parties for you all! Stay tuned as we roll out some interactive events via Zoom over the next few weeks. We know quarantine can get a bit boring, we're working on it for you!
Thanks for reading, thanks for washing, and mostly, thanks for continuing to support us! We hope it puts you at ease a tad, and encourages you to visit us and other small businesses during this time, if you are able.
Stay tuned for safe and sexy advice! We love you all. Stay safe and healthy, and remember that pleasure and orgasms boosts immune systems… just sayin. ;)
-The Lotus Blooms Team